We all know how frustrating it can be to forget the password for a Wi-Fi network that we’ve connected to on our Android devices. Luckily, there are ways to retrieve the connected Wi-Fi password without hassle. In this tutorial, we’ll explore a simple method to obtain the Wi-Fi password on Android devices. Whether you need it for troubleshooting purposes or simply want to share it with a friend, this tutorial will guide you through the steps.
Step 1: Open the Settings menu
1. Unlock your Android device and navigate to the home screen.
2. Tap on the “Settings” app, which typically looks like a gear or cog icon.
3. The Settings menu is where you’ll find various options to customize your device.
Step 2: Access Wi-Fi settings
1. Within the Settings menu, scroll down and locate the “Wi-Fi” option.
2. Tap on “Wi-Fi” to access the Wi-Fi settings on your Android device.
Step 3: View connected networks
1. On the Wi-Fi settings page, you will see a list of available Wi-Fi networks.
2. Find the network for which you want to retrieve the password.
3. Tap and hold on the network name to reveal a context menu.
Step 4: Select “Manage network settings”
1. From the context menu, choose the option that says “Manage network settings” or a similar variation.
2. This option will vary depending on the Android device and its version.
Step 5: Show the password
1. On the network settings page, you will find various details about the connected network.
2. Look for an option labeled “Show password” or something along those lines.
3. Tap on this option, and a confirmation pop-up may appear.
4. If prompted, you may need to authenticate your device, such as using a PIN or fingerprint.
Step 6: Retrieve the Wi-Fi password
1. Once you have successfully confirmed your identity, the password for the connected Wi-Fi network will be displayed on the screen.
2. Make a note of the password or take a screenshot for future reference.
1. Provides a convenient way | 1. Access to Wi-Fi settings and
to retrieve Wi-Fi passwords | network options may vary |
without additional tools. | depending on the Android version. |
2. No need to root your device | 2. Permissions for managing network |
or use specialized apps. | settings may require additional |
| authentication. |
3. Works on most Android | |
devices and versions. | |
We hope this tutorial has helped you retrieve the connected Wi-Fi password on your Android device. Whether you need it for troubleshooting purposes or sharing it with others, this method simplifies the process without the need for additional tools or complex procedures. Remember to use this knowledge responsibly and respect the privacy of others’ Wi-Fi networks.
Video Tutorial: What is the app that finds Wi-Fi passwords on Android?
Can you see Wi-Fi password on Samsung phone?
Yes, it is possible to see the Wi-Fi password on a Samsung phone. Samsung devices running on the latest version of the Android operating system offer a built-in option to view saved Wi-Fi passwords. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Go to the Settings app on your Samsung phone. You can usually find it in your app drawer or by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the gear-shaped icon.
2. In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on “Connections” or “Wi-Fi & Network,” depending on your Samsung phone model.
3. Within the Wi-Fi settings, you will see a list of available networks. Tap on the Wi-Fi network you want to view the password for.
4. A pop-up window will appear with more details about the selected network. Look for the option “Show password” or a similar phrase and tap on it.
5. You may be prompted to enter your phone’s lock screen PIN, password, or use biometric authentication like fingerprint or face recognition to proceed.
6. After successfully verifying your identity, the Wi-Fi password for that particular network will be revealed on the screen.
It’s important to note that viewing Wi-Fi passwords requires administrative access to your device, which means you’ll need to be the device owner or have the necessary permissions. Please use this information responsibly and respect the privacy and security of the networks you connect to.
Can I see Wi-Fi password when connected?
Yes, it is possible to view the Wi-Fi password when connected to a network, depending on the device and operating system you are using. Here are the steps to view the Wi-Fi password on different platforms:
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on “Wi-Fi” to open the Wi-Fi settings.
3. Find the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected and tap on the (i) icon next to it.
4. On the next screen, tap on “Password” to reveal the Wi-Fi password.
1. Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
2. Depending on your device, the exact path may vary slightly, but generally, you’ll find the Wi-Fi settings under “Connections” or “Network & Internet.”
3. Tap on “Wi-Fi” to open the list of available networks.
4. Locate the network you are connected to and tap on it.
5. On the next screen, select “QR code” or “Share” icon to display the password.
For Windows 10:
1. Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar at the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Select the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected.
3. Click on “Properties.”
4. In the “Wi-Fi Properties” window, navigate to the “Security” tab.
5. Check the box next to “Show characters” to reveal the Wi-Fi password.
1. Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar at the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select the Wi-Fi network you are currently connected to.
3. Click on “Show Password” and confirm your administrator password when prompted.
4. The Wi-Fi password will be displayed in the dialogue box.
It’s worth noting that viewing the Wi-Fi password typically requires administrative access to the device or permission from the network owner.
Where can I find Wi-Fi password?
As a tech blogger, I can provide you with guidance on finding the Wi-Fi password on various devices. Please note that the steps may slightly differ depending on the operating system or device model you are using. Here are the general steps to find the Wi-Fi password:
1. Windows computer:
a. Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the system tray, usually on the right side of the taskbar.
b. Select the network you are connected to and click on “Properties.”
c. Under the “Security” tab, check the box next to “Show characters.” The Wi-Fi password will now be visible.
2. macOS computer:
a. Click on the Apple menu and select “System Preferences.”
b. Click on “Network” and select the Wi-Fi network you are connected to.
c. Click on the “Advanced” button and go to the “Wi-Fi” tab.
d. Enable the checkbox that says “Show password” and enter your administrator password when prompted. The Wi-Fi password will be revealed.
3. iPhone or iPad (iOS 14 or later):
a. Go to the Settings app and tap on “Wi-Fi.”
b. Find your connected network in the list and tap on the “i” icon beside it.
c. Under “Wi-Fi Password,” you will find the password for the network.
4. Android smartphone or tablet:
a. Open the Settings app and tap on “Wi-Fi” or “Connections,” depending on your device.
b. Long-press on the connected network.
c. Select “Manage network settings” or “Show password” to reveal the Wi-Fi password.
5. Router settings:
a. Open a web browser on a device connected to the Wi-Fi network.
b. Enter the router’s IP address in the address bar. Common IP addresses are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, but it may vary.
c. Log in to the router’s settings using the admin username and password. If you haven’t changed them, check your router’s manual.
d. Look for the Wireless settings or Security section to find the Wi-Fi password.
Remember that it’s important to respect others’ privacy and only seek the Wi-Fi password for networks you have the right to access, such as your own home network or public networks that provide the password for public use.
These steps should help you find the Wi-Fi password on most devices and systems. However, if you encounter any specific issues or have different hardware or software configurations, it’s advisable to refer to the device’s user manual or seek additional guidance from the manufacturer’s support resources.
How to find out the password to your Internet while connected to it on a device on iPhone?
As a tech blogger, I can provide guidance on finding the password for your internet connection while connected to it on an iPhone. Here is how you can do it:
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone. It can usually be found on your home screen.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Wi-Fi”. This option is typically located near the top of the list in the Settings menu.
3. You will see a list of available Wi-Fi networks. Look for the one you are currently connected to and tap on the (i) icon next to it.
4. On the Wi-Fi settings page, you will find various details about the network. Look for the “Router” field, which shows the IP address of your Wi-Fi router. Note it down.
5. Open a web browser on your iPhone and enter the IP address of your router in the address bar. Press enter.
6. You will be directed to your router’s web interface, where you can access its settings. Depending on your router’s brand and model, the login process may vary. In most cases, you will be prompted for a username and password.
7. To log in, enter the default username and password for your router. You can typically find this information in the user manual that came with your router or by searching online for your router’s model.
8. Once logged in, look for the “Wireless” or “Wi-Fi” settings within your router’s interface. In this section, you should find the Wi-Fi password or passphrase displayed.
9. Take note of the Wi-Fi password and make sure to keep it securely.
Following these steps, you should be able to find the password for your internet connection on your iPhone by accessing your router’s settings. It’s important to remember that accessing someone else’s Wi-Fi network without permission is considered unauthorized and unethical. Always seek the owner’s consent before attempting to access their network.
Is there an app that gives you Wi-Fi passwords?
Yes, there are several apps available that can help you access Wi-Fi passwords. However, it’s important to note that these apps generally work on rooted or jailbroken devices, and using them may violate the terms of service or the law in certain regions. Here are the steps involved in using such apps:
1. Research and identify a trusted app: Before proceeding, perform thorough research to find an app that is reliable, has good user reviews, and is frequently updated.
2. Check device compatibility: Ensure that the app is compatible with your device’s operating system version (e.g., iOS 16) and model (e.g., iPhone 14).
3. Download and install the app: Visit the official app store for your device (e.g., Apple’s App Store) and download the app to your device.
4. Grant necessary permissions: After installing the app, it may require specific permissions to access Wi-Fi network information. Follow the app’s instructions to grant these permissions.
5. Scan for nearby networks: Open the app and allow it to scan for nearby Wi-Fi networks. The app will display a list of available networks along with their signal strengths.
6. Access Wi-Fi passwords: Depending on the app you choose, there may be different methods to view Wi-Fi passwords. Some apps automatically retrieve and display passwords, while others may require additional steps, such as rooting your Android device or jailbreaking your iPhone.
7. Use responsibly: Remember that accessing and using Wi-Fi passwords without proper authorization is illegal in many jurisdictions. Ensure that you have permission from the network owner before connecting to any network.
It’s crucial to note that accessing Wi-Fi passwords without authorization is considered unethical and potentially illegal. It’s always best to seek permission from the network owner or use legitimate methods to obtain Wi-Fi access, like asking for the password from the network owner or using public Wi-Fi networks where available.